Return to School
Those who selected option 1 of our return-to-school plan will begin school next week in our hybrid structure combining in-person learning at school 2 days per week and at-home learning through digital lessons the other 3 days per week. All families have already been informed of their student’s group. Group A (Red Group) will attend in-person on Monday and Tuesday and group B (Gray Group) will attend in-person on Wednesday and Thursday. Please remember that due to the Labor Day holiday, during the second week of school Red Group will attend Tuesday and Wednesday and Gray Group will attend Thursday and Friday.
1. Please assess your student before he/she leaves for school everyday
2. If your child is sent home with covid-like symptoms, please call your healthcare provider for guidance. At the same time, encourage the provider to fax/email any excuses doctor's orders or other information for the school TO the school in a timely manner
3. Reminder: if your child is to take medications at school, a physician's order must accompany the medication before it can be given by the nurse
4. Masks that cover the nose, mouth and chin are mandatory while at school
5. It is in the best interest of all students to have AT LEAST 2-3 contacts on Final Forms that are able to pick up your child(ren).
VLA Announcement for those Students enrolled in the Online Learning:
We are in the process of uploading all information for VLA. Once that has been completed by VLA, you will be receiving an email with login information for your courses. You will then work at your pace to complete the 18 units for each course. There is an attendance requirement of completing one unit per course per week. The attendance policy for VLA students is on the Elgin webpage and will be sent to all enrolled early next week. Included in the attendance policy will be expectations for attendance for your online courses.
Spectator seating for both home and away athletic events this fall is being permitted on a very limited basis. Any spectator entering a game must have a printed invitation to purchase a ticket to the game. Those invitations will be given to our extracurricular participants who will then distribute them to their family members. Everyone attending a game in person will be required to follow the expectations regarding masks and social distancing that are printed on the back of the invitation. More detailed information can also be found on our website.
The Elgin Athletic Boosters are live streaming most games on Facebook. The athletic boosters facebook page is EHS Boosters - Athletics if you would like to watch, but can not attend in person.