Amazing Cornbread (vegan)
- 6 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread melted
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/8 cup non-dairy milk (soy or almond milk)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a nine inch round or square pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the applesauce, vegan buttery spread, and non-dairy milk.
- Stir until combined, then pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-29 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cornbread comes out clean.