2017-18 ACT AND SAT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
1. Students planning to apply to a 4-year college should register to take an ACT/SAT starting junior year.
2. Students are encouraged to take ACT/SAT more than once to increase scores.
3. ACT or SAT? Most schools will accept both.
4. During the registration process, choose to send your scores up to 4 colleges for free. Also include our high school code (363223) so that your scores are reflected on your high school transcript.
5. Registration fee waivers are available in the student services office for those students who qualify for the Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
6. Students are encouraged to take the ACT Plus Writing. ACT Plus Writing cost is $62.50 and SAT with Essay cost is $60.00.
7. What is the difference between the ACT and SAT?
8. Practice test booklets are available in the guidance office upon request.
ACT TEST DATES: DEADLINE TO REGISTER:
February 10, 2018 January 12, 2018
April 14, 2018 March 9, 2018
June 9, 2018 May 4, 2018
July 14, 2018 June 15, 2018
You may register for the ACT online at www.actstudent.org/start
SAT TEST DATES: DEADLINE TO REGISTER:
March 10, 2018 February 9, 2018
May 5, 2018 April 6, 2018
June 2, 2018 May 3, 2018
You may register for the SAT online at sat.org/register
PSAT/NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP CORPORATION
1. The PSAT/NMSQT helps students become college ready. It is excellent practice for the SAT.
2. Elgin will encourage all college-bound sophomores and juniors to take the PSAT which will be held once a year during the school day in the month of October.
3. More information about the PSAT and the National Merit Scholarship Program may be found at www.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt